Monday, July 10, 2006

Nebraska, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and California



Photo: Early Morning outside of Salt Lake City. I slept at a rest stop and hit the road - this was shot at 75mph out the passenger window.

Driving across these plains states only leads me to ask one question - what the hell do people do out here?

There certainly is something about living in the middle of nowhere and I can understand the appeal to a degree. I even found myself thinking as I pushed forward at 75 mph - gee, what a nice trailer...I could live there. But then I would roll the window down, yelp..."Hot Diggity Dog" and get some fresh air in the van...and come to my senses.

I finally broke down and bought a digital camera. I've been wanting to purchase one for years, but of course I want the $2000 camera and of course I will never spend $2k on a camera.

But as I pulled off the interstate in Grand Island, Nebraska last Friday morning I saw a sign...Wal-Mart. 


Let me tell you, the Wal-Mart in Grand Island looks just like the Wal-Mart in Dubuque Iowa. Ahhh, I felt like I had never left home. I found the cure for homesickness. Just visit the nearest Wal-Mart in anytown U.S.A.

A nice young gal sold me the display model for about $100 off the original asking price, so you will now experience full color shots from my trip. I will begin with some exciting ones from the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment