Thursday, July 6, 2006

Leaving Dubuque, Iowa


Photo: The view from the Great River Road in Balltown, Iowa. We placed a bench here as a memorial to my dad, Joe Breitbach. He grew-up in the home just down the road next to Iowa's oldest restaurant and bar - Breitbach's.




The next time you find yourself on the Iowa side of the Great River Road, be sure to stop off in Balltown to enjoy the view and fill-up at Breitbach's. Be sure to tell cousin Mike that Keith sent you.

Okay - here is the first blog posting to begin my odd-issy across America. I am leaving the heartland of America and my hometown of Dubuque for a two month's journey to Lake Tahoe and the west coast. I will eventually arrive in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest. I have a slight outline of an itinerary, but nothing set in stone. 

Be sure to check-in and see how the trip is going.

It's now going on 6pm, Thursday, July 6th, 2006 and when my last audio book finishes downloading, I will hit the road. First stop: Iowa City and then west on Interstate 80.

Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment